We offer representation in all aspects of family-based immigration. Whether you are a U.S. citizens or a Permanent Resident filing a petition for your spouse, or a U.S. citizen petitioning for other close relatives, or a temporary visa holder who wants to have your family join you during your stay in the U.S., we will thoroughly review your case and assist you in all steps in the process.
Family-Based Immigrant Visas (Green Cards through Family)
Lawful permanent residence is an “immigrant” status and not to be confused with U.S. citizenship). Permanent residency allows an individual to permanently live and work in the U.S. One way to become a permanent resident is through family sponsorship. As the United States promotes the family unity, U.S. citizens and lawful permanents may file petitions for their immediate relatives (spouses, children and parents of U.S. citizens who are at least 21 years old) well as other close relatives, such as brothers or sisters to come and live permanently in the United States. However, those relatives often face long quota backlogs waiting for immigrant visas to become available. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, in-laws and cousins cannot sponsor or be sponsored through family relationship.
The Family-Based Immigration categories are:
- Immediate Relatives (marriage, parents and unmarried children under the age of 21
- Other Close Family Members
Family-Based Non-Immigrant Visas
Family-based non-immigrant (temporary) visas allow some individuals with temporary visas to bring immediate family members to the U.S. to accompany them during their stay, as well as allow U.S. citizens to bring their fiancée or spouse. Please see the links below for more information about the individual types of temporary family-based visas.
- F-2: Spouse and/or unmarried child(ren) under age 21 of a F-1 Student visa holder.
Please also see F-1 visas in the Student Visas category above.
- H-4: Spouse and/or unmarried child(ren) under age 21 of an H-class work visa holder.
Please also see H-1B and H-3 visas in the Temporary Work Visa category above.
- K-1: Fiance/Fiancee of a U.S. citizen
Please see K-1 visa in this category.
- K-3: Spouse of a U.S. citizen.
Please see K-3 visa in this category.
- K-2 & K-4: Unmarried child(ren) under age 21 of a K-1 Fiancé/Fiancée or K-3 Spouse visa holder.
Please also see K-1/K-3 visas in the Temporary Visa category above.
- L-2: Spouse and/or unmarried child(ren) under age 21 of an L-class Intracompany Transfer work visa holder.
Please also see L-1 visa in the Temporary Visa category above.
- O-3: Spouse and/or unmarried child(ren) under age 21 of an O-class Extraordinary Achievement work visa holder.
Please also see O-1 visa in the Temporary Visa category above.