P-2 Visa Cultural Exchange Artists

P-2 Visas are issued to bands entering the U.S. as part of an exchange program. Either the U.S. labor group that negotiated the exchange agreement, the sponsoring organization or the U.S. employer must file the petition which should include:

  • A written consultation by an appropriate labor organization
  • A copy of the formal reciprocal exchange agreement between the U.S. organization(s) sponsoring the alien and the organization(s) in a foreign country which will receive the U.S. artist or entertainer
  • A letter from the sponsoring organization describing the exchange which is to take place.
  • Proof that the nonimmigrant visa petitioner and the U.S. artist or entertainer have comparable skills and that the terms and conditions of employment are similar
  • Proof of the agreement between the organizations involved in the exchange.