Visas Through Employment
We prepare temporary and permanent work visa applications based on a thorough evaluation and determine the best strategy. Each visa classification has a different set of eligibility requirements and a different application process. Some applications require an employer-filed petition, some can be done without an employer. We use our vast experience working with different visa categories, application procedures and U.S. consulates for the benefit of our clients.
Green Cards Through Employment
In order for you to obtain a permanent work visa we will assist you in the preparing and filing the required immigrant workers petition. Current immigration policy places a cap of 140,000 on employment-based immigrant visas, which are divided into five preference categories.
The main categories for eligibility for a green card through employment are:
- Priority Workers, i. e. Foreign nationals with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, Outstanding professors and researchers or Certain multinational managers and executives.
- Foreign nationals who are members of the professions holding advanced degrees or who have exceptional ability
- Skilled workers, professionals, or other workers.
- Special immigrants
- Green cards for immigrant investors
We will identify the appropriate employment-based preference category for you or your employee. We will also advise you about the availability of a national interest waiver for employees with advanced degrees or those with exceptional abilities in such fields as medicine, medical technology, communications, science or the arts or whether it is necessary to obtain a Labor certification from the Department of Labor.
Due to the complex nature of these petitions, it is always advisable to have an experienced immigration attorney thoroughly review your background and qualifications, his prospective job duties, salary and the employer’s research contributions to the field. Then, if the applicant’s and sponsor’s qualifications meet the minimum requirements for an employment-based immigrant category, we will assist you in preparing the Labor Certification application, crafting the job requirements, conducting recruitment efforts and in filing a Labor Certification with the Department of Labor.
To learn how your company and employees can benefit from the advantages of permanent residence through employment and Labor Certification, and for assistance with the preparation and filing of a PERM application, the immigrant visa petition, and either adjustment of status or consular processing please contact us.
Temporary Work Visas
For businesses and foreign nationals seeking temporary employment in the U.S., we will advise you about the most effective visa options for your specific circumstances securing a work visa based on a specialized occupation. We will make sure that your documentation is complete and accurate and that your case is handled professionally, quickly and efficiently.
In order for you to come to the United States lawfully as a non-immigrant to work temporarily in the United States your prospective employer must generally file a non-immigrant petition on your behalf with USCIS.
The main non-immigrant temporary worker visa categories are as follows:
- Certain "specialty occupation" professionals from Australia
- Workers in a specialty occupation, such as Free Trade Agreement workers in a specialty occupation from Chile and Singapore, specialty occupations related to Department of Defense Cooperative Research and Development projects or Co-production projects or fashion models of distinguished merit and ability
- Exchange, Au-Pair, Interns and Trainees
- Intracompany transferees in managerial or executive positions or in positions utilizing specialized knowledge
- Vocational and non-academic students
Please contact us for further information on other legal options for non-immigrant workers, the respective legal requirements for an application and the application process.